ADDING A BIT OF FRENCH FLAIR TO YOUR AESTHETIC TREATMENTS
Passport to Paris
Embracing your “French Style”
French women are infamous for their elegant sophistication, self confidence, and seductiveness. They seem to have an allure that is seemingly effortless. French Glamour is more about being nonchalantly gorgeous, natural, and healthy. They own their imperfections, even showcase them at times to embrace their uniqueness. This high level of confidence is so appealing, so classy, that I try to emulate it in my approach to aesthetics. The rest is about being consistent with your health, and of course, attitude.
How to achieve the “French” Look
I say this constantly…beauty starts from within. I say it because it’s the truth. Your confidence, smile, attitude, health, hydration status.. it all shows on the surface. Be healthy, eat right, exercise, avoid too much sun, hydrate, take supplements. You will look good when you feel good. The facials, peels, laser treatments, Botox, etc., work better with a good base.
Embrace your uniqueness- the thing that sets you apart from others. It is fun to do a bit of tweaking here and there..Lift this, tuck that, to try and fool Father Time, but don’t try to change into other’s expectation of you. Sometimes too many changes can affect that thing that makes you- you, and the result looks unnatural. The aim is to look good without trying, to get treatments that help achieve a naturally flawless look. Um..yes, I woke up like this (wink).
There are many options to achieve this confident glow, but I’ve put together some of my favorites below.
Our largest organ and the first thing that shows signs of aging. Take care of your skin. Nourish it. Feed it. Water it. A good cleansing regimen morning and night can do wonders. Take your vitamins. (Keep reading until the end for my favorite supplements) Collagen/Elastin boosting treatments come in many forms…lasers, microneedling, PRP, facials. Dermaplaning can rid your face of those pesky little peach fuzzy hairs and leave your skin looking dewy and luminous. Replacing lost volume in the face with dermal fillers can plump it back up and the result is skin that looks tighter and more supple.
- Hydrate, moisturize, sunscreen
- Good cleansing regimen
- Collagen/Elastin boosting
- Routine facials and peels
- Laser for sun damage
- Replace lost volume with facial fillers
- PRP (Vampire) facials address all of the above
- Luminous & Glowing: Dermal fillers, Laser, Facials, Peels, PRP
- Soft: Facials, Peels, Microneedling, Dermaplaning, PRP
- Supple: Laser, Dermal fillers, PRP
- Plump: Laser, Dermal fillers, PRP
As we age, our once fluffy facial fat pads start to droop, causing undereye hollowing, flattened cheeks, skin laxity, and jowls. With certain facial fillers, an experienced injector can replace that lost volume, and pull up the drooping fat pad. There are many fillers to choose from, but my favorites are Juvederm Voluma, Restylane Lyft, and Radiesse. PRP, or Platelet Rich Plasma, your body’s own growth factors, can be needled back into your skin for some excellent new cellular growth and skin rejuvenation.
- Pull up & anchor drooping fat pad
- Replace lost volume with facial fillers, Sculptra, PRP
- Fillers such as Voluma/Restylane Lyft/Radiesse will raise cheek and take weight off the nasolabial fold, reducing the “jowls”
- Plump skin, make it appear more “dewy”
- Smooth fine lines between lower eyes and cheek
The eyes, the windows to the soul, the first thing people see. You want to look bright, refreshed, alert, but not like a deer in headlights. Neurotoxins like Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin, when placed correctly, can give a very natural lift to the brows and smooth out some of those annoying crow’s feet.
- First thing people see
- Want them to be bright, awake, alert- but not overdone
- Botox for “brow lift” and smoothing of crow’s feet
- Super smooth filler for under-eye hollowing
- Eye peels
- Well manicured brows
- For sunken or discolored: Filler, PRP, Microneedling, Laser
- For deep wrinkles: Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Laser, PRP, Microneedling
- For heavy lids, drooping: Botox, Dysport, Xeomin
The nose anchors all other features of the face. When it is altered or changed, it can affect the whole look of the person. Subtle imperfections can be corrected with injectables, such as a drooping tip, indentations, slight asymmetry, or bumps. Strong dermal fillers can be added to camouflage these imperfections, and even build up a nasal bridge or tip.
- Can use small amount of Botox to give the tip a subtle lift
- Dermal filler used to smooth out bumps, add shape, or lift nasal tip
Ah, my favorite. The lips. As we age the space between our nose and lips elongates, and the upper lip starts to roll inward. This is a tell-tale sign of aging, but is often overlooked. Neurotoxin can be used to lift the upper lip to shorten that distance between the lip and nose and to roll the upper lip out a bit. This is also known as the “lip flip” or “lip pop”. Filler can be placed to re-shape and volumize the lips, and smooth out perioral lines of the mouth.
- Replace loss of plumpness or a sunken mouth
- Smooth perioral lines “smoker’s lines”
- Add volume to thinning lips
- Fillers used not only to fill, but to re-shape, replace the “cupid’s bow” (which is a sign of youth) and philtral columns, turn up the corners of the mouth, and smooth lines
- Botox used to raise lip, smooth lines, turn up a downward turned mouth
- To Soften and smooth skin around lips: Lip peels, Lasers, Dermaplaning, microneedling
- Fillers used to soften nasolabial folds and marionette lines
- For shaping: Juvederm, Restylane
- For plumping: Juvederm, Restylane, Vollure, Volbella
- For hydrating, smoothing: Vollure, Volbella, Belotero, Restylane Silk
The neck, the trickiest area to treat. You can concentrate on facial wrinkles all you want but if your neck doesn’t match your face, it looks a bit odd. There are some things your friendly neighborhood Nurse Injector can do to address the aging neck, such as Kybella, Botox, Ultherapy and Laser treatments. Kybella injections will destroy any unwanted fat under the chin, Botox can smooth out the neck skin by relaxing platysmal bands, and other therapies such as Ultherapy and Lasers can tighten up the neck skin.
- Ideal is elegant, swanlike
- Kybella for dissolving fat pad
- Botox for platysmal bands-gives a smoother look
- Ultherapy/Laser for skin tightening and rejuvenation
French allure means having confidence in your imperfections, optimizing your own level of attractiveness, and captivating your inner beauty. Aesthetic treatments are used to achieve a natural, effortlessly beautiful look that will allow you to feel gorgeous and confident without distractions from your unique self. Schedule a consultation for cosmetic treatment in Philadelphia, PA at Body+Beauty Lab.
Vitamins/Supplements for Beauty: A, B-complex, C, D, E, Biotin, Resveratrol, Glutathione, Retinol, AHA, Green Tea, Lycopene
Essential Oils for confidence: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Tangerine, Orange, Jasmine, Rose, Ylang Ylang, Pine, Rosemary, Cedarwood, Cypress