Benjamin Lam DO, FACOS, FACS
American Osteopathic Board of Surgery – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
American Osteopathic Board of Surgery – General Surgery
American Society of Plastic Surgery
Fellow American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
Fellow American College of Surgeons
Fellow American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
Fellow American College of Plastic Surgeons
American Osteopathic Association
Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association
Bucks County Medical Society
Dr. Benjamin Lam, D.O., F.A.C.O.S., F.A.C.S. received his medical degree from the University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences. Dr. Lam enrolled in an anesthesiology residency at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and later completed a general surgery residency and plastic & reconstructive surgery fellowship at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Double board certified in both General Surgery as well as Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dr. Lam is a fellow in the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons as well as the American College of Surgeons. As a recognized speaker on a national level, Dr. Lam is also the program director of the plastic & reconstructive surgery fellowship at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He has held the position of president in the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons – Plastic Surgery section. For nearly ten years, he has developed expertise in body contouring as well as numerous additional cosmetic surgery procedures. Dr. Lam is highly respected for his accomplishments in breast reconstruction after mastectomy, breast enlargements, reductions and lifts. His techniques have been adopted by surgeons around the country. Dr. Lam has also developed technological advances in the medical surgical industry that have been registered with the United States Patent office.
Dr. Lam completed his Undergraduate School at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, followed by Medical School at the University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences in Des Moines, Iowa. Shortly after, he succeeded in his Rotating Internship at Delaware Valley Medical Center in Langhorne, Pennsylvania and completed his Anesthesia Residency at the Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He moved on to excel at his General Surgery Residency at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, followed by his Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Lam has been published in multiple Publications & Presentations:
- The Neurosurgical Wound and Factors that can affect Cosmetic, Functional and Neurological Outcome. International Wound Journal, James A. Berry, Dan Miulli, Benjamin Lam. Sept. 2018.
- Maximizing Operative Cosmetic Results in the Neurosurgical Patient. Neurosurgery Clinics of North America. James AD Berry, D.O., Dan E Miulli, D.O., Benjamin Lam, D.O.,Margaret Wacher, M.D.
- Use of Alloderm in Primary Nipple Reconstruction to Improve Long-Term Nipple Projection. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 119(6): 1663-1668, May, 2007. Lam, Benjamin D.O., Garramone, Charles D.O.
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, “Use of Alloderm in Implant Breast reconstruction for Maintenance of Prosthesis Position” Benjamin Lam, D.O.; Charles E. Garramone, D.O.
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, “Comparative Use of Alloderm and Integra Wound Matrix for Soft Tissue Contour in Staged Breast Reconstruction” Benjamin Lam, D.O.; Charles E. Garramone, D.O.
- “B-Cidal, the Safe Acid”, The John A. Boswick Burn & Wound Care Conference, Maui, Hi. Feb, 2016
Which Areas of the Body Can Be Treated With CoolSculpting?
Target and freeze away stubborn, unwanted fat in more than one area of the body with a single CoolSculpting treatment.Read
Which Skin Conditions Are Treated With IPL Therapy?
Discover the long list of common skin conditions that can be treated and improved with an IPL photofacial, producing stunning and dramatic results.Read