Following a consistent at-home skin care routine with high-quality products is necessary to maintain the health of your complexion, but every now and then, you may desire the benefits of stronger products with a professional facial. Personalized to address the unique concerns and needs of your skin, our team of experienced estheticians suggests adding medical-grade facials as a staple in any effective skin care regimen. After a consultation to assess the health and condition of your skin, as well as visible and hidden damage, the appropriate products and techniques will be combined to rejuvenate your complexion. For the ultimate facial, enhance your results by receiving a complementary procedure, such as dermaplaning, a chemical peel, or an injectable wrinkle treatment. Schedule an appointment to get a professional custom facial at Body+Beauty Lab and take the beauty and health of your face to the next level.
TYPES OF FACIALS
Some of the more popular facials we offer are:
- Signature Facial: This new-age facial revitalizes and restores purity to all complexions. For a deeply relaxing and holistic treatment, this facial will cleanse, exfoliate, detoxify, and nourish the skin, which creates a clear, luminous glow.
- Dermaplaning facial: This facial is a simple and safe procedure that exfoliates the epidermis and rids the skin of fine velour hair (peach fuzz) and surface dead skin cells. This treatment reaps immediate results and leaves a refined look to the skin. Combining dermaplaning with a facial increases your skin’s ability to absorb the product and improves elasticity and texture. This facial also softens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and reduces hyperpigmentation by creating a more even skin tone. All skin types can benefit from this treatment.
- Dermaglow facial: For the dermaglow facial, dermaplaning is combined with a lactic acid peel to achieve a deep exfoliation that leads to an immediately refreshed and glowing appearance. The dermaplaning procedure works to remove fine velour hair (peach fuzz) and surface dead skin cells. The combination of a lactic acid peel with dermaplaning revitalizes photodamaged skin, helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, increases skin’s ability to absorb product, and improves elasticity and texture. Results are immediate and create a radiant and dewy glow to the skin.
- Express Enzymatic Treatment:This advanced treatment immediately brightens and strengthens skin through gentle, yet powerful enzymatic and alpha-hydroxy exfoliation. A combination of botanical extracts, enzymes and antioxidants provide unparalleled anti-inflammatory benefits for glowing skin. This treatment helps to improve the appearance of visible aging, discoloration, blemishes and other skin concerns. 30 min. $125
- Express Oxygen Treatment: This advanced, pro-B vitamin-rich treatment works to deliver oxygen into the skin while also fighting common signs of aging. Provides quick and effective penetration and skin-plumping. This treatment leaves the skin smooth, purified and glowing with no down-time. Perfect before a big event. 30 min. $125
- Express Detox Treatment: This treatment is an excellent choice for detoxifying all skin types. The active blend of ingredients exfoliates and promotes a purified and clear complexion. This gentle, deep pore cleansing treatment provides clarifying benefits. 30 min. $125
"Just got out of my dermaplaning facial that I booked last minute this morning. This was worth everything and more, I highly recommend this specific treatment and spa. I will be a returning customer and am going to look into everything else offered to make this a monthly treat to myself."- N.L. / Google / Jan 19, 2019
"Love body + beauty lab! I never write Yelp reviews and felt the need to. :) recently had a hydra facial and dermaplanning with Michele, she was very knowledgable and had excellent recommendations for follow up care This afternoon I had my lips done with Jen. I was SO anxious about the pain as I've never had my lips done (had Botox before) she talked me through the whole process and was gentle, it was as smooth as I would assume it could go! Of course I already want to go back for more, ha!"- C.C. / Yelp / Feb 25, 2019
"Michelle literally saved my skin. Did the b-cidal series and now using BBL face wash, vitamin c product, and cream. My skin has completely cleared up and is brighter than its ever been. This has become a regular in my skin care routine, and I always look forward to my visits!"- N.W. / Yelp / Mar 18, 2019
"I've been recommended this spot many times and I finally decided to go! The first time you go, you get a picture of your skin that shows you where you're doing well and where you need work on for your skin. My skin age was 24 and I'm 26 so I must be doing something right. Leeane gave me the hydrafacial and it was just magical. I wasn't expecting to be so relaxed in more of a med spa place. She gave me some good tips and recommendations that I def have to go again and see if my skin age went younger! I was even really impressed with their own products and ingredients, I'll have to get more of the line. Go in and enjoy!"- M.D. / Yelp / Mar 26, 2019
"Made my first visit to Body + Beauty Lab and found my new home for all things facial!! Outstanding spa-like environment; clean, bright, white and lovely staff! I recommend Sarah Sadiqi who has a profound sense of exactly what to recommend and she tailors the treatment to the client - entirely!! 5 STARS to Body + Beauty Lab!!!"- D.K. / Facebook / Feb 12, 2019
Facials at Body+Beauty Lab are great for all skin types and ages because they're adjusted to each patient's concerns and goals. Often, facials are used to address early signs of aging (fine lines and dryness), improve damaged skin from the sun (dark spots, uneven tone, and texture), unclog pores, help acne, and brighten sallow or dull skin. Professional facials are performed to help adults and teens with conditions, like widespread acne, rosacea, and sensitive skin. The results of a professional facial may be enhanced by combining another treatment, like a chemical peel, dermaplaning, or an injectable. Anybody looking to take their complexion and skin care routine to the next level can benefit from having a facial.
Once your esthetician has developed your customized treatment plan, you will be asked to lie back in one of our private procedure rooms as your medical-grade facial is performed. Most (if not all) treatments will begin with a deep cleaning to eliminate any dirt, oil, makeup, and lotions. After cleansing the skin, steam is often used to open the skin's pores so whiteheads and blackheads can be extracted easily. This is often followed by exfoliation, either done by hand or with an add-on service (like a chemical peel or dermaplaning). A serum or mask will be massaged in for deep nourishment. To end the treatment, an SPF moisturizer selected for your skin type will be smoothed on to protect the skin from UV damage following the facial.
What to Expect
After your facial treatment, you may notice mild irritation and redness; this should fade on its own in 24 hours. Most patients will experience very noticeable improvements with the look and touch of their skin right after their facial. To extend the benefits of your professional facial, talk to one of our skilled team members for help developing an at-home skin care program. Be sure to ask how frequently you should receive a customized facial treatment at Body+Beauty Lab. You can also learn more about add-on treatments we offer to further improve the clarity of your skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a facial cost?
Facial prices will depend on the type of facial you receive, the products used, and whether you choose to add on any services. During your consultation, your esthetician will clarify your needs and examine your skin type before designing your personalized plan. Once this is done, we can accurately determine your costs. Body+Beauty Lab frequently features specials on facials, as well as discounted packages. To save even more on future treatments, ask about the perks that come with joining our VIP membership program.
What type of facial should I get?
Each facial is selected and customized to suit the issues of your complexion. At the start of your visit, your esthetician will ask about your issues and goals before assessing your complexion. Following this, your esthetician will give you their suggestions. You may also talk about additional treatments, such as a chemical peel or microdermabrasion, which can improve the appearance and health of your skin.
Can I combine other treatments with a facial?
If you want to further enhance your facial, you may want to add on a complementary procedure, such as a chemical peel, AQUAGOLD, or dermaplaning. At your appointment, your esthetician will make suggestions on treatments that will boost the results of your facial and help your complexion.
How often should I get a facial?
For optimal results, we recommend getting a professional facial about once a month to improve the appearance and health of your complexion. Attending regular facials will effectively exfoliate dead cells and improve your skin so it looks amazing and feels soft. During your consultation, your esthetician will tell you how often you should schedule appointments for facials to achieve your goals and to maintain your results. In time, you might experiment with different types of facials and receive different add-ons to match your skin's changing needs.
How can I maintain the results of my facial at home?
Developing an at-home skin care routine will help extend your results. Following your facial, a team member can suggest products to further enhance the appearance and health of your skin. It's also crucial to use protection when you're in the sun (hats and sunscreen) and minimize your exposure to UV rays as much as possible.
Put Your Best Face Forward
At Body+Beauty Lab in Philadelphia, PA, we understand the power that feeling confident with your appearance can give you. This is why our team of experienced estheticians are proud to provide our clients with personalized, skin-cleansing facials. Women and men alike who receive regular skin care treatments, like facials, almost frequently boast clearer and healthier skin. Each facial at Body+Beauty Lab is individualized to suit your unique skin type and needs so we can help you reveal your most radiant face to the world. Contact our Philadelphia, PA office to schedule an appointment for a facial or any of our many complementary skin services.
Is Dermaplaning the Same as Shaving?
A dermaplaning facial in Philadelphia can make your skin softer than ever. Compare dermaplaning vs shaving and schedule treatment at our medical spa.Read
How Can A Dermaplaning Facial Improve My Makeup Application?
Do you have dull skin and peach fuzz on your face? Achieve a smooth skin texture and make makeup application easier through a dermaplaning facial.Read
The Dos and Don'ts After A Dermaplaning Facial
A dermaplaning facial in Philadelphia can make you feel refreshed and renewed. Learn the dos and don'ts of dermaplaning recovery for best results.Read
New Targeted + Specialty Skincare Packages
Step up your skincare game with Body+Beauty Lab NEW targeted and specialty Skincare PackagesRead