Following a consistent at-home skin care routine with high-quality products is necessary to maintain the health of your complexion, but every now and then, you may desire the benefits of stronger products with a professional facial. Personalized to address the unique concerns and needs of your skin, our team of experienced aestheticians suggests adding medical-grade facials as a staple in any effective skin care regimen. After a consultation to assess the health and condition of your skin, as well as visible and hidden damage, the appropriate products and techniques will be combined to rejuvenate your complexion. For the ultimate facial, enhance your results by receiving a complementary procedure, such as dermaplaning, a chemical peel, or an injectable wrinkle treatment. Schedule an appointment to get a professional custom facial at Body+Beauty Lab and take the beauty and health of your face to the next level.
TYPES OF FACIALS
Some of the more popular facials we offer are:
- Signature Facial: This new-age facial revitalizes and restores purity to all complexions. For a deeply relaxing and holistic treatment, this facial will cleanse, exfoliate, detoxify, and nourish the skin, which creates a clear, luminous glow.
- Dermaplaning facial: This facial is a simple and safe procedure that exfoliates the epidermis and rids the skin of fine velour hair (peach fuzz) and surface dead skin cells. This treatment reaps immediate results and leaves a refined look to the skin. Combining dermaplaning with a facial increases your skin’s ability to absorb the product and improves elasticity and texture. This facial also softens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and reduces hyperpigmentation by creating a more even skin tone. All skin types can benefit from this treatment.
- Dermaglow facial: For the dermaglow facial, dermaplaning is combined with a lactic acid peel to achieve a deep exfoliation that leads to an immediately refreshed and glowing appearance. The dermaplaning procedure works to remove fine velour hair (peach fuzz) and surface dead skin cells. The combination of a lactic acid peel with dermaplaning revitalizes photodamaged skin, helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, increases skin’s ability to absorb product, and improves elasticity and texture. Results are immediate and create a radiant and dewy glow to the skin.
- AQUAGOLD facial: The AQUAGOLD treatment takes the classic microneedling process a step further by simultaneously addressing concerns, like dryness and fine lines, with a targeted product, like a wrinkle filler, relaxer, or serum. AQUAGOLD Fine Touch boosts collagen production by rejuvenating skin with 20 hair-thin needles. This microneedling tool is the first device of its kind that treats signs of aging as it rejuvenates skin. As these ultra-thin needles make contact with the dermis, they deliver whatever liquid is in the vial to the complexion, such as hyaluronic acid, dermal filler, BOTOX, Dysport, or a topical serum.
- Express Enzymatic Treatment:This advanced treatment immediately brightens and strengthens skin through gentle, yet powerful enzymatic and alpha-hydroxy exfoliation. A combination of botanical extracts, enzymes and antioxidants provide unparalleled anti-inflammatory benefits for glowing skin. This treatment helps to improve the appearance of visible aging, discoloration, blemishes and other skin concerns. 30 min. $125
- Express Oxygen Treatment: This advanced, pro-B vitamin-rich treatment works to deliver oxygen into the skin while also fighting common signs of aging. Provides quick and effective penetration and skin-plumping. This treatment leaves the skin smooth, purified and glowing with no down-time. Perfect before a big event. 30 min. $125
- Express Detox Treatment: This treatment is an excellent choice for detoxifying all skin types. The active blend of ingredients exfoliates and promotes a purified and clear complexion. This gentle, deep pore cleansing treatment provides clarifying benefits. 30 min. $125
"Made my first visit to Body + Beauty Lab and found my new home for all things facial!! Outstanding spa-like environment; clean, bright, white and lovely staff! I recommend Sarah Sadiqi who has a profound sense of exactly what to recommend and she tailors the treatment to the client - entirely!! 5 STARS to Body + Beauty Lab!!!"- D.K. / Facebook / Feb 13, 2019
"I had THE BEST day yesterday with my main girl, Michelle Glynn!!! The hydrafacial was amazing and my skin is glowing! She was also very patient while helping me to determine what my skin needs on a daily basis. I didn’t leave without making my next appointment and I can’t wait to come back! :)"- A.N. / Facebook / Dec 20, 2018
"This new location is gorgeous! In under 60 minutes I was in and out and was glowing. I LOVE their hydra facial along with dermaplaning, it’s an amazing combo and I get it done regularly! I recommend this spa to anyone who wants to deal with knowledgeable, savvy & friendly aestheticians!"- R.P. / Facebook / Jan 31, 2018
"Today I ventured into the City to get my first ever Hydro-Facial which was amazing. Amia was very personable and knowledgable about what I needed for my skin to look its best. The amount of buildup was removed leaving my skin feeling amazing. I didn't realize how clogged my pores were. She explained each step to me while she did it. The location is Serene. It's a must visit!"- M.V. / Facebook / Jan 31, 2018
"Best Facial - The Body + Beauty Lab is the real deal. I got one of the best facials ever and their products are amazing! I feel like they really understand skincare and can recommend the best possible treatments! Highly recommend trying them out!"- A.T. / RealSelf / Dec 05, 2018
Facials at Body+Beauty Lab are great for all skin types and ages because they're adjusted to each patient's concerns and goals. Often, facials are used to address early signs of aging (fine lines and dryness), improve damaged skin from the sun (dark spots, uneven tone, and texture), unclog pores, help acne, and brighten sallow or dull skin. Professional facials are performed to help adults and teens with conditions, like widespread acne, rosacea, and sensitive skin. The results of a professional facial may be enhanced by combining another treatment, like a chemical peel, dermaplaning, or an injectable. Anybody looking to take their complexion and skin care routine to the next level can benefit from having a facial.
Once your aesthetician has developed your customized treatment plan, you will be asked to lie back in one of our private procedure rooms as your medical-grade facial is performed. Most (if not all) treatments will begin with a deep cleaning to eliminate any dirt, oil, makeup, and lotions. After cleansing the skin, steam is often used to open the skin's pores so whiteheads and blackheads can be extracted easily. This is often followed by exfoliation, either done by hand or with an add-on service (like a chemical peel or dermaplaning). A serum or mask will be massaged in for deep nourishment. To end the treatment, an SPF moisturizer selected for your skin type will be smoothed on to protect the skin from UV damage following the facial.
What to Expect
After your facial treatment, you may notice mild irritation and redness; this should fade on its own in 24 hours. Most patients will experience very noticeable improvements with the look and touch of their skin right after their facial. To extend the benefits of your professional facial, talk to one of our skilled team members for help developing an at-home skin care program. Be sure to ask how frequently you should receive a customized facial treatment at Body+Beauty Lab. You can also learn more about add-on treatments we offer to further improve the clarity of your skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a facial cost?
Facial prices will depend on the type of facial you receive, the products used, and whether you choose to add on any services. During your consultation, your aesthetician will clarify your needs and examine your skin type before designing your personalized plan. Once this is done, we can accurately determine your costs. Body+Beauty Lab frequently features specials on facials, as well as discounted packages. To save even more on future treatments, ask about the perks that come with joining our VIP membership program.
What type of facial should I get?
Each facial is selected and customized to suit the issues of your complexion. At the start of your visit, your aesthetician will ask about your issues and goals before assessing your complexion. Following this, your aesthetician will give you their suggestions. You may also talk about additional treatments, such as a chemical peel or microdermabrasion, which can improve the appearance and health of your skin.
Can I combine other treatments with a facial?
If you want to further enhance your facial, you may want to add on a complementary procedure, such as a chemical peel, AQUAGOLD, or dermaplaning. At your appointment, your aesthetician will make suggestions on treatments that will boost the results of your facial and help your complexion.
How often should I get a facial?
For optimal results, we recommend getting a professional facial about once a month to improve the appearance and health of your complexion. Attending regular facials will effectively exfoliate dead cells and improve your skin so it looks amazing and feels soft. During your consultation, your aesthetician will tell you how often you should schedule appointments for facials to achieve your goals and to maintain your results. In time, you might experiment with different types of facials and receive different add-ons to match your skin's changing needs.
How can I maintain the results of my facial at home?
Developing an at-home skin care routine will help extend your results. Following your facial, a team member can suggest products to further enhance the appearance and health of your skin. It's also crucial to use protection when you're in the sun (hats and sunscreen) and minimize your exposure to UV rays as much as possible.
Put Your Best Face Forward
At Body+Beauty Lab in Philadelphia, PA, we understand the power that feeling confident with your appearance can give you. This is why our team of experienced aestheticians are proud to provide our clients with personalized, skin-cleansing facials. Women and men alike who receive regular skin care treatments, like facials, almost frequently boast clearer and healthier skin. Each facial at Body+Beauty Lab is individualized to suit your unique skin type and needs so we can help you reveal your most radiant face to the world. Contact our Philadelphia, PA office to schedule an appointment for a facial or any of our many complementary skin services.