Are you tired of carrying around extra fat in certain areas, like your hips, thighs, or stomach? Have you exhausted yourself with efforts of healthy eating and working out regularly to only still be stuck with areas resistant to change? Do you need body contouring help but want to forgo an invasive procedure? CoolSculpting® could be the answer. CoolSculpting has proven to produce long-lasting fat reduction results for both men and women. It is the latest trend in body contouring treatments to rejuvenate and reshape specific areas that are unchanged by diet and exercise. It can give the right candidates enduring results, and is one of the many cosmetic procedures available at Body+Beauty Lab.
Body+Beauty Lab in Philadelphia, PA is excited to offer this revolutionary treatment to our patients. Have you spent hours at the gym and still struggle with pockets of stubborn fat? The experts at Body+Beauty Lab want to see you get the best results possible, and part of that process is preparing your body for CoolSculpting treatments. Here are some helpful tips from Body+Beauty Lab on how you should prepare for your CoolSculpting sessions.
How exactly does CoolSculpting work?
CoolSculpting uses the science of cryolipolysis to, literally, freeze away unwanted fat cells underneath the skin. Once the targeted fat cells are frozen, they will crystalize and turn to liquid over the next few weeks. Over the next 2 – 3 months, the body naturally eliminates those dead fat cells, leaving you with more noticeable body contouring results. CoolSculpting treatments have proven to be effective at reducing 20 – 25% of fat cells in targeted areas.
What are the popular areas for this fat freezing treatment?
CoolSculpting is a nonsurgical cosmetic treatment that specifically targets areas of the body resistant to diet and exercise. Philadelphia, PA men and women who are close to their ideal body weight are good candidates for this body contouring procedure. Some popular areas it can help are:
- Under the chin or neck (double chin)
- Upper arms
- Above the knees
- The lower part of the buttocks (banana roll)
How can I prepare for this noninvasive body contouring treatment?
Even though CoolSculpting is a nonsurgical procedure, there is a protocol to make the process easier and smoother by preparing the body for treatments. It can also help the overall results. Here are five things you should consider the week before a CoolSculpting session:
- Avoid taking any herbal supplements or medications that have blood-thinning properties. They can make you susceptible to bruising, so discuss any prescriptions with the experts at Body+Beauty Lab before your treatment.
- If you smoke, it is advised to quit the week before your CoolSculpting session. Smoking can impede the healing process, and even delay results.
- You should maintain a healthy lifestyle and diet.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning the target area to reduce skin sensitivity and minimize any additional discomfort during the procedure.
- Protect the areas being treated to avoid any skin damage. CoolSculpting involves suctioning and massaging the treated area. No cuts, abrasions, or wounds are allowed. Treatments will be postponed until they are completely healed to prevent any complications.
You are probably excited to start your journey to being thinner and more fit looking. CoolSculpting treatments have proven to be both safe and highly effective. Here are several things to do the day of your CoolSculpting treatment to ensure the best results:
- Eat a light meal before your session.
- Set aside a book, or take your phone, to keep you occupied during the procedure.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing with undergarments.
- Consider bringing an extra pair of undergarments. The CoolSculpting treatment gel applied to the skin may get on your underwear or bra.
- Be prepared to take before and after photos. You can see the improvement when you return to your follow-up appointment or any additional treatment sessions.
The experts at Body+Beauty Lab offer the latest CoolSculpting technology to their patients in the greater Philadelphia, PA area. Women and men who have embraced a healthy lifestyle, but still struggle with areas of unwanted fat should consider this fat freezing treatment. CoolSculpting alone, or combined with one of the other anti-aging treatments provided by Body+Beauty Lab, can help you look younger, more fit, and all-around rejuvenated. If you are interested in CoolSculpting or have additional questions about other cosmetic options, then we invite you to call today to schedule a consultation with Body+Beauty Lab.